Sunday 17 July 2011

Cocktails for slimmers - The Withdean Wobble-Buster

  Summer is here!  True, we are experiencing a little precipitation this weekend - but that has its upside.  It gave me a moment of mirth when my dear daughter slithered into the house literally dripping all over the carpet.  I made her a nice cup of tea, but how much happier she may have been if I'd been able to offer her a
 'Withdean Wobble-Buster' to raise her spirits!

The conversation may have initially have gone like this:

enter daughter with appearance of drowned rat

mother:   (laughing with a drain like quality) Oh, are you wet?
daughter: (with a slightly sarcastic tinge)  Just a bit...
mother:   Is it raining then.
daughter: (short pause)  Can you get me a towel... please...
mother:   Have you put your bike away in the garage?
daughter:  (definite huff)  I'm just going to do that...
mother:    So you don't need a towel yet then...
daughter:  ******

This is not a good example of a positive parent-child relationship and I suggest the following conversation may improve matters.

enter daughter with appearance of drowned rat

mother:  ( tittering - but in a supportive manner) Oh darling, how lucky for you that you've been drenched in natural h2O.  You look stunning
daughter: (with slightly sarcastic tinge)  Actually it's been torrential rain and I'm not all that ecstatic about it.
mother:   How about a nice hot drink then - or wait a minute - how about trying that new cocktail that    everyone's talking about - The Withdean Wobble-buster!  It's guaranteed to make you feel great about yourself!
daughter:  (short pause) Can you get me a towel please.
mother:     (slight sigh)  Have you put your bike away?  You could at least do that even if you're so unsupportive about my new cocktail...
daughter:  ( looks outside at rain gushing down in bucketfuls and adds slight sigh - like mother, like daughter-)  ok maybe a Withdean Wobble-buster would be lovely.  Thankyou.... Are you saying I'm fat???

(I must say for the record here that my daughter is most definitely not fat - very slim in fact.  It is with my own weight loss plan in mind that I devised the Withdean Wobble-buster.)
But you get my drift, I hope. So here without any further ado is the recipe for

The Withdean Wobble-Buster Cocktail


Ingredients:
sparkling rose wine
Plenty of Ice cubes
A cocktail stick
Assortment of summer fruits - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc


Half fill a small wine glass with ice.
Add sparkling rose wine until the glass is full.
Spear pieces of fruit onto the cocktail stick and add to glass.
Place remaining bits of fruit on small plate, which also doubles as drink coaster.
Put glass in the middle of of small plate.
Admire greatly
Drink drink and eat the bits of fruit...


No comments:

Post a Comment